Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Landslide!

It's March 4th and the foothills have been enjoying signs of spring.  Which means that despite seeing from here that the mountains are clearly still snow-capped, I'd been dying to see what the conditions are like in the Canyon.  Authorized entry beyond the gates to access our business meant I had a shot at seeing if I could get to our property to check on things.  The weather was nice & while the road was snow-covered in the higher elevations, it dried up as I drove down into the Canyon.  There were several rock-falls to maneuver around, and then finally one slide that sufficiently blocked my path. 


This was as far as my truck could go that day, and is just one example of the many clean-up projects CalTrans has each spring.  Boyden Cavern will have to be visited another day...

- Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment